Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about camp?
WHAT IF MY CAMPER HAS MEDICATIONS?
- Campers must have completed Health Form brought with when going through camper’s check in.
- ALL medications must be given to a Dove Creek Counselor in their original containers during check in.
- Prescribed medications must be clearly marked with the child’s name, medication, and physicians name.
HOW LONG IS THE CAMP DAY?
Camp hours are from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. Early drop off is 7:30AM and late pick up is 5:30PM.
WHAT IS THE RATIO OF STAFF TO CAMPERS?
At no time does our ratio exceed 10 campers to 1 counselor.
WHAT KIND OF TRAINING DO COUNSELORS GO THROUGH?
- Each Dove Creek Day Camp counselor goes through a week long staff training going over all aspects of camp including all activities, safety protocols and what to do in the event of emergency.
- Each Dove Creek Day Camp counselor is CPR certified.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE CAMP PRICE?
Camp fee’s include a Dove Creek Day Camp shirt, access to the best week of summer through activities such as archery, kayaking, gaga ball, swimming and so much more.
WHAT DO WATER DAYS ENTAIL?
- Water days at Dove Creek are a blast! Being located on Grapevine Lake we have the unique opportunity to kayak, swim and tube on the lake.
- ALL campers and counselors are required to have a life jacket on during all water day activities.
WHAT TIME IS CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT?
- Check in begins at 8:15AM, for those who have opted for early drop off you may check in your child at 7:30AM.
- Check out begins at 4:30PM, for those who have opted for late pick up you may check out your child at 5:30PM or before.
WHAT IF I NEED TO PICK UP MY CHILD EARLY?
We want to be as prepared as possible for your arrival. If you need to pick your camper up at a different time than our normal check out time please fill out the Early Release Form and bring it to camp at check-in or you may fill it out at camper check-in.
HOW LONG DOES MY CAMPER HAVE TO EAT LUNCH?
We will have a 45-minute lunch period each day. Please send your child with a sack lunch and a drink.