Horticulture, Environmental Restoration, and Education
Growth starts H.E.R.E.!
Grapevine Parks and Recreation’s GO Wild program is now offering a career development opportunity for high school students focused on Horticulture, Environmental Restoration and Education (H.E.R.E. ) The program involves 2 evening classes and 2 weekend events per month and includes 20 hours of community service that can be applied toward service hour requirements. The program will be taught by environmental professionals and provide hands-on opportunities to gain important knowledge and skills while helping restore local wildlife habitat and educate our community.
We are looking for students with a strong interest in the environment who would like to learn more about careers in natural resource management and environmental education. To apply, please click on the link below. For more information, contact Betsy Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Fall Internship Class and Event Schedule
- Sept. 23 – 1st Class: Intro to North Texas Native Plant Communities & Habitat Restoration (6:30-8:30pm)
- Sept. 28 – Habitat Builders at Parr Park (7-11am)
- Sept. 30 – 2nd Class: Intro to North Texas Wildlife and Local Biodiversity Research (6:30-8:30pm)
- Oct. 5 – iNaturalist Explorers at Parr Park (8:30-10:30am)
- Oct. 7 – 3rd Class: Healthy Riparian Areas: Evaluation and Restoration (6:30-8:30pm)
- Oct. 19 – Grapevine Middle School Nature Lab Work Day (8am-12pm)
- Oct. 21 – 4th Class: Intro to Environmental Education (6:30-8:30pm)
- Oct. 26 – Habitat Builders at Parr (8am-12pm)
- Nov. 2 – iNaturalist Explorers at Parr Park (8:30-10:30am)
- Nov. 4 – 5th Class: Intro to Native Plant Propagation (6:30-8:30pm)
- Nov. 9 – Habitat Builders/Arbor Day (8am-12pm) followed by celebration lunch