Go Wild Discovery Trunks are designed to provide hands-on resources needed to educate people about a variety of science and wildlife topics in the Grapevine area.
Go Wild Discovery Trunks are designed to provide classroom teachers, scout leaders, homeschool groups, and families with the hands-on resources they need to help them educate students/themselves about a variety of science and wildlife topics in the Grapevine area. Curriculum, games, and various resources are provided for each trunk.
General Information about Discovery Trunk Rentals
- The Discovery Trunk is booked for a week at a time. Pick-up and drop-off occur on Mondays between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- The person who makes the reservation is responsible for the Discovery Trunk.
- Failure to return Discovery Trunk, with supplies intact, will be charged a replacement fee and may result in the loss of future reservation privileges.
- The reservation individual and/or organization are responsible for providing any additional supplies as needed for each trunk.
- A rental fee of $15 per Discovery Trunk will be charged, payable at the time of booking.
- A late fee of $5 per day will be charged if the Discovery trunk is not returned after the week rental.
Damage / Replacement Fee
- Failure to return the Discovery Trunk, or failure to return the Discovery Trunk with supplies intact, will result in an additional fee to your Amilia account.
We encourage you to learn more by exploring the Discovery Trunk topics listed below! Let’s see what you can Go Learn!
Have you ever wondered what makes an animal an “animal”? In this discovery trunk, explore the wild world of vertebrate and invertebrate animals found here in Grapevine. This trunk dives into the five different types of vertebrates, the basic needs for all animals to survive, and how to know the presence of animals through animal tracking. Reserve this trunk today!
This discovery trunk explores food chains and food webs to learn about the importance of all animals within an ecosystem. Examine an animal’s skull to reveal what, how, and who it eats! After looking at the animal’s diet, this trunk dives into scat, also known as animal poo! Investigate how identifying scat can tell you who, what, and when an animal was last there. Now who’s hungry? Reserve this trunk today!
Did you know that all animals go through a life cycle, even you? This discovery trunk explores the life cycles of various organisms such as insects, frogs, birds, and plants! This trunk gives you the opportunity to learn about what an animal needs to survive, and how they make it through their life cycle! Reserve this trunk today!