The Coronavirus: Updates for Parks and Recreation
Updated June 26, 2020, 8:45 am
This is a LIVE UPDATE for the status of Parks and Recreation facilities and events surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The City of Grapevine Parks and Recreation department views the health and safety of our patrons, staff and guests as our top priority. As we continue to closely monitor the virus, we remain proactive in our adjustments as we follow the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Tarrant County Health and Human Services, and Governor Abbott.
New Mask Requirements:
Tarrant County Judge Glen Whitley issued an Executive Order effective Friday, June 26 at 6:00pm, that will require employees and visitors to wear masks inside businesses and at outdoor gatherings of more than 100 people. Click here to view the City of Grapevine’s Health and Safety Policy regarding the mask requirement. Still have questions? Check out the Parks and Rec FAQ page regarding masks.
The following park facilities, amenities and programs have re-opened:
- Park Restrooms
- Tennis Courts (4 people or less)
- Basketball Courts (4 people or less)
- Pickleball Courts (4 people or less)
- Water Fountains
- The REC of Grapevine Turf Field
- Batting Cages
- Bark Park (doggie splashpad is still closed)
- The REC of Grapevine (click here for more information)
- Picnic tables
- The REC Fitness Court and all workout stations
- Rental Pavilions
- Summer Camps (Please visit GoGrapevine.com/Camps to get registered)
- Pleasant Glade and Dove Pool
- Bessie Mitchell House Rentals (opening TBD)
Refunds: The REC of Grapevine memberships will be extended to reflect the length of the facility closure and subscription-based memberships were suspended while closed. All participants who have purchased tickets for paid events have been refunded and other programs, classes, leagues and rentals have received a refund/credit to their household accounts.
Cleaning: The Parks Maintenance Division will perform enhanced sanitation weekly at playgrounds. Restrooms will be cleaned daily and will be restocked with soap and sanitizer. As the COVID-19 reopening evolves, we encourage the community to remain cautious and make the best decisions for yourself and your family’s health.
- Wear a face mask or face covering when leaving your home
- Maximize physical distance from others and stay at least 6 feet away from others. See Grapevine Parks and Recreation and NRPA’s Joint Statement one Using Parks While Maintaining Social Distancing
- Bring your own water and hand sanitizer
- Follow any posted facility-specific guidelines as well as CDC guidelines
We advise against:
- Visit parks if you are sick or were recently exposed to COVID-19
- Visit crowded areas
City of Grapevine staff are managing a phone bank from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday to assist with non-medical COVID-19 related inquiries. You may also leave a message after-hours and someone from our team will return your phone call.